Saturday, July 14, 2007

Here's a video on Global Warming...

From 1958!! Yep! 1958. YouTube is a goldmine of information. So the idea of the damage to our planet by global warming has been around for a long time. Al Gore didn't invent or dream up the idea as some uninlightened people, right of center, might want you to believe.

Here's the information and the video from YouTube:

For FIFTY YEARS scientists have known about global warming. This exerpt is from the well known educational documentary "Unchained Goddess" produced by Frank Capra for Bell Labs for their television program "The Bell Telephone Hour." It was so well made, that it went on to live a continued life in middle school science classrooms across the nation for decades.

Nearly half a century before Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth," this film was made. But what does it reveal? That our scientists have known for over two generations about this danger, but our politicians and citizenry have chosen to ignore the dangerous implications of this fact until it really is too late to avoid the preventable consequences.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Feldman (Whaddaya Know show host on NPR and recent New York Times opinion columnist) wrote a wonderful joke for today's show. He opens by reading a series of fake headlines that relate to current events. Here is one of them for classic movie fans:

Live Earth Hosted By Al Gort

He made it even better (in my book) by saying, "I really like that joke. I should try to remember it."

Crank "Stolen Jokes" Bait

Cat Chew said...

Klaatu barada... necktie... neck-turn... nickel...
It's an "n" word, definitely an "n" word...


Hail to the king, baby.

(Link is for a YouTube clip from Army of Darkness.
Ash's CRAFT syndrome episode is about 3 minutes in.)

Anonymous said...

Cat Chew,

"...definitely an n word..."
-----
Yet another joke that I wish was mine.

Crank "I'm Stealing It Anyway" Bait

Cat Chew said...

ha-koo

"what? I can't hear you,
got a nanner in my ear"
still has it's a-peel

Stolen, shmolen.
A bit of tailoring can kick the shmata out of even the cheesiest material.

toniD said...

Punilicious

Cat Chew said...

Hmmm. I hear sirens. Think the grammar and spelling cops are after me. Out, damn apostrophe!
If I could do over, I'd make it
"...it still has a-peel"

Fifty years ago, we knew about pollution and global warming. 20 years ago, I could read a lot about the hole in the ozone in the MSM, even in TV Guide. Now I turn on the local news, we don't have smog reports, we have "Ozone Action Days," and a bright perky Ms. Thing reminds me that if I don't gas up the mower and car, the air will be just hunky dory! I tune into the weather report from Windsor, Ont. and they are a bit more forthright: "There's a thick brownish grey layer of filth hanging over the Windsor-Detroit area." Insane.