Monday, February 19, 2007

New Thread Feb. 19, 2007

Science group:
Warming a mounting threat

The world's largest general scientific society on Sunday joined the concern over global climate change, calling it a "growing threat to society."

Scientists warn it may be too late to save the ice caps
A critical meltdown of ice sheets and severe sea level rise could be inevitable because of global warming, the world's scientists are preparing to warn their governments.

I love the shore line, but I wouldn't live close to the water right now!

Sad how some people just won't believe this is happening. The same people that won't believe Bush is the worst president ever; and just now on CNN Wolf Blitzer said there was a poll and 2% of the people think Bush is the greatest president ever. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

eya T

good afternoon!

gotta get back to it

i'll visit you this evening!

love ya all!

toniD said...

Hardball (Chris Mathews) is going with the story of Bldg 18 at Walter Reed Hospital in DC and talking about how moldy and rodent infested. And how there is a coverup as to the conditions these vets are facing there.

toniD said...

On my way home from work I was listening to Randi read the article about Walter Reed. I read it myself yesterday, but when Randi read it on air, today, it sounded worse to me. Made me cry!

Unknown said...

Baghdad Burning


... I'll meet you 'round the bend my friend, where hearts can heal and souls can mend...


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Rape of Sabrine...


"It takes a lot to get the energy and resolution to blog lately. I guess it’s mainly because just thinking about the state of Iraq leaves me drained and depressed. But I had to write tonight."

toniD said...

Thanks Jim.

I had not checked yet today.

The good news is she's alive.

Unknown said...

right on my friend !

she's alive! i was so relieved